Looking is good business – whoever made that quote was very wise indeed. Most people believe that looking good is a woman’s thing, not in this time and age it isn’t. Men are more concerned about their looks and grooming than ever before. Various products have been created such as best pomade for thick curly hair formen’s grooming and hairstyling.
Hairstyling products have evolved over the years; pomades, waxes, gels and sprays. In this article, we want to look at pomades and gels, their advantages and comparison.
When pomades were first created, the main ingredients were apple and bear fat. Modern pomades (oil-based) no longer utilize bear fat, they have been replaced with synthetic substances like petrolatum, petroleum, soft paraffin and mineral oils. Pomades can be used to achieve old school look and modern spike hairstyles. Pomades are of two types; the traditional oil-based pomades and the modern water-based pomades.
Advantages of Pomade
- Pomade can be used to style curly hair.
- Can be used to style long, medium and short hair.
- Water-based pomades can be washed easily using water.
- Hair styled with pomade can be restyled any time of the day just by using some water and a comb.
- Pomade also helps in moisturizing and nourishing the hair.
- They help in achieving some amazing hairstyles.
Gel is a very famous hairstyling product, accessible anywhere in the world. Gel were initially made of fat, the modern gels are made using chemical based polymers which is responsible for its viscous nature.
Advantages of Gel
- They provide a strong hold that keeps the hair in place all day, withstanding wind pressures.
- Gel washes off easily, in usually one wash.
- It is extremely popular and can be accessed anywhere in the world.
- Ideal for hairstyles that requires a wet, sleek look.
- Gels come in a range of hold options; light, firm, and strong hold.
Pomade vs. Gel
- Gel makes the hair crunchy which makes it hard to restyle. Pomade on the other hand maintains its flexibility all day and can be easily restyled.
- Hair styled with gel tends to turn hard after styling, unlike pomade.
- Gels mostly provide a wet look, whereas pomades provide a wet look when applied on damp hair and a matte finish when applied on dry hair.
- Using gel for extensive periods might lead to hair loss and severe dehydration.
So, there you have it. In my opinion, I think pomade is a far better option than gel for so many reasons. If you have read this article then you will agree with me.